“Relieving the Burden”
Relieving the Burden on Family Caregivers
In most cases, when seniors need help managing money, their adult children or relatives step in. However, adult children often live far away or have busy lives that make daily, hands-on money management difficult or impossible. We provide relief.
We take care of your everyday financial commitments and help guard against Financial Exploitation – thereby helping protect your nest egg. We assume the degree of responsibility the senior or their family wants us to have and keep you informed with reporting in formats you find useful.
Unfortunately, cognitive decline and a willingness to trust people makes seniors vulnerable to financial exploitation – what experts call the Crime of the 21st Century. Sadly, it happens with regularity and can strip seniors of their savings and force them to rely on family members. Check-in Neighbors Bill-Pay clients have the option of utilizing EverSafe, a technology which securely monitors financial accounts and credit reports in real-time and around the clock, alerting you to suspicious activity.
Check-in Neighbors Bill Pay Services can:
- Pay household bills or set up and monitor automatic payment systems.
- Review and reconcile bank, credit card and investment statements.
- Set up a realistic and practical budget.
- Assist with entitlements such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Review insurance reimbursements for accuracy.
- Advocate with medical providers, creditors, financial institutions and insurers
- Coordinate with accountants, lawyers, financial advisors, and care managers.
- Organize and maintain family and financial records.
- Keep family in touch with their seniors’ general situation and well-being.